Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug not working in SPC5Studio 5.6.0

Job Shen
Associate III
Posted on November 23, 2017 at 00:43

Hi,

I have the SPC570S-DISP Evalution board which connect to my Windows 7 deskstop. Following the instructions from the ''PLS Debugger Installation driver on SPC560X Discovery board'' comes in the SPC5Studio software, installed FTDI driver, and 2 COM ports appears, using Putty connect to these 2 ports with 38400 bps, it gets nothing from the terminal.

Is this expected or something wrong? The board is out of box without being reprogrammed. My board is SPC570S, but the instruction i could find is for SPC560X (wish i could find SPC570X documentation).

Using import wizard imported the SPC570SXX_RLA SERIAL Test Application for discovery, i generated application and built, following the instruction from 

https://community.st.com/community/automotive-mcus-community/spc5-automotive-mcus/blog/2017/10/09/integrated-debugger-for-spc5studio

it failed on step 4 Flash and debug your application, My SPC5Studio has a ''Common task'' tab not the ''Activity Wizard'' shown in the instruction, noticed my ''Execute and debug your application'' is grey, click it or click the green bug icon nothing would happen.

I don't know how to proceed from here, kind stuck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Job0690X00000608vKQAQ.png

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on November 23, 2017 at 10:17

Hello Job ,

Have you installed PLS UDE Debugger ?

Without this tool , you can not debug using debug.wsx file.

Best regards

Erwan

Posted on November 27, 2017 at 21:18

Hi Erwan,

I re-installed PLS UDE debugger software 4.08.06, which is the latest version. Ran the PLS UDE debugger and opened C:\SPC5Studio\workspace\SPC570Sxx_RLA SERIAL Test Application for Discovery\UDE\debug.wsx file. I had the SPC570S-DISP board connected to Windows 7 and the PLS UDE debugger was able to connect to the board and program.

Then i set a breakpoint at line ''int main(voiu){'' and select ''Run program to Cursoe - F4'', it failed. 

Question:

1) Is there additional hardware required to test the SPC570S-DISP board? We only have the board and a USB cable.

2) After following installation instruction, the board created 2 COM port on my Windows 7 PC, they are COM218 and COM219, I used putty to connect to those two ports at baud 38400 bps, got nothing. What are those ports? If i can successfully run the imported test application, do i see the ''Hello World!'' on one of the COM port?

3) Is the SPC570SXX_RLA SERIAL Test Application for Discovery suitable for the SPC570S-DISP board? The error messages when i run the debugger, how to fix them?

2 screen shot, 1 showing programming ok, 2 showing Run to Cursor failed.

Thanks,

Job

0690X00000608vtQAA.png0690X00000608zBQAQ.png