Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading the H7 temperature sensor calibration parameters

Peter Mather
Associate III
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 18:34

STM32H743

To improve the accuracy of the temperature sensor measurement, each device is individually factory-calibrated by ST. The temperature sensor factory calibration data are stored by ST in the System memory area, which is accessible in Read-only mode

Please could someone point me at where I can find information on how to read the calibration parameters. Can't see anything in the device manual, the H7 reference manual or the HAL manual but probably missed it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 19:04

Hello Peter,

Please refer to the

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h743bi.pdf

The memory addresses for temperature sensor raw data acquired values, at VDDA= 3.3V , 30°C and 110°C , are provided in table 90 ' Temperature sensor calibration values'.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
john doe
Lead
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 18:57

You dont mention which chip you're using but check section 6 of your data sheet for a table 'Temperature sensor calibration values' and it shows the register location and values

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 28, 2018 at 19:04

Hello Peter,

Please refer to the

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h743bi.pdf

The memory addresses for temperature sensor raw data acquired values, at VDDA= 3.3V , 30°C and 110°C , are provided in table 90 ' Temperature sensor calibration values'.

Khouloud.

Peter Mather
Associate III
Posted on June 29, 2018 at 12:22

Thanks - the manuals are so large that sometimes you have to know where to look.

one V
Associate III

The data I read is TS_CAL1:12309, TS_CAL2:15501. Temprature: 80*(HAL_ADC_GetValue(&hadc3)* 3.300f / 4096 - getTS_CAL1()) / (getTS_CAL2() - getTS_CAL1()) + 30, is it right? Is your problem solved? Can you give me the code to give me a reference?