What did go wrong?

Board model: STEVAL-FKI868V2, RCZ1

#s2-lp #sigfox
12 REPLIES 12
Winfred LU
ST Employee
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 04:36

Hi Rastislay, 

The message shows that all the reserved IDs (for RCZ1) were registered, and no more available for new boards.

Will need to check the administrator.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred

Posted on May 14, 2018 at 05:09

Hi 

Rastislay, 

The server should work now. We have updated it with additional Sigfox credentials.

Please have a test.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred

Posted on May 17, 2018 at 22:31

Thank you, I was able to get the ID/PAC.

Johan El Masri
Associate II
Posted on May 23, 2018 at 10:26

Hello Winfred, 

I would like to thank you because of your reply, but now I hope that you can help me with 

another problem. I'm trying to make the

S2-LP Sigfox registration process, but it is not working.

I have a the develoment kits steval IDB008V2 (Bluenrg2) and the steval FKI868V1. I followed the documentation,

but it didn't work. I'm deperate. I need to make the registration in the backend of the sigfox. Please

I need help! If you can provide me a step by step solution I would really appreciate it. I'm working in a project

and I have been spending a lot of time to get a solution without any luck. Really I need a second opinion and help!!!!!

If I am right the ID and PAC of the steval IDB008V2 (Bluenrg2) is saved somewhere in the memory of the microcontroller, but how exactly can I get the ID, PAC, and Key of my device? How can I register my device in the backend of the sigfox? I followed this user manual: 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/8d/9a/ea/d7/62/06/43/ce/DM00361540/files/DM00361540.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00361540.pdf

(which is UM2169).

I followed that manual, but there isn't any binary: SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_XX_ETSI.bin if you are in RCZ1.

I can only see these binaries:  

SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_F0.bin

* SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_F4.bin

* SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_L0.bin

* SIGFOX_CLI_DEMO_NUCLEO_L1.bin

which is in this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\S2-LP_SigFox_DK_1.3.0\Binary

There are another binary files which are:

* S2LP_CLI_NUCLEO_L0.bin

* S2LP_CLI_NUCLEO_L0.hex

* S2LP_CLI_NUCLEO_L1.bin

* S2LP_CLI_NUCLEO_L1.hex

which is in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\S2-LP DK_1.2.0\Binary

Sorry to bother you, but really I need your help. Please help me, it is very important!

Posted on May 23, 2018 at 10:43

Hello Winfred, 

Sorry to bother you, I have another doubt. If a board is already register 

in the backend of the sigfox some months ago and I don't remember the ID, PAC, and Key of 

my device then how can I retrieve the ID/PAC/Key of the device? How can I exactly know which one

is a device in the list of devices of the backend of the Sigfox? 

On the other hand, if I run the BLE-Sigfox Sensor Demo then how can I see if it is really working?

It should be a way to see the sent messages in the backend of the sigfox, but I'm not sure since

I have another registered board, but I don't remember the ID/PAC to filter in the list of the devices

in the backend of the sigfox.

Really I need some help with this, I am not able to get any help here, so I hope that you can help me.

Posted on May 24, 2018 at 03:29

Hi Johan,

The four binaries in 

the folder 

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\S2-LP_SigFox_DK_1.3.0\Binary are correct.

Those binaries can be used for different zones.

Please choose according your Nucleo (MCU) board, and follow the procedures in UM2169 to register.

Files in 'S2-LP DK_1.2.0' are for generic Sub-1GHz transceiver testing, which can be non Sigfox application.

Best Regards,

Winfred

Posted on May 24, 2018 at 03:37

Hi Johan,

If a S2LP was registered, the credentials should have been saved in the on-board EEPROM.

You may try 'get_id' and 'get_pac' to check ID and PAC, but Key is not supposed to be read by a user.

If a message is sent (to Sigfox Station), it will be listed in the Device | Messages.

The device should be registered and associated to the user in Sigfox backend server.

Best Regards,

Winfred

rastik
Associate III

Hello Winfred,

the same problem happened again, could you please check the ID allocation?

Thank you.

Winfred LU
ST Employee

Hi Johan,

Already informed server maintainer to allocate more Sigfox credentials.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Winfred