Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM330DLC : Noise Issue

shammi d
Associate II
Posted on July 16, 2018 at 08:55

Hi,

I am using ISM330DLC  accelerometer and gyroscope sensor.I have initialized the accelerometer & Gyroscope register and reading the respective X,Y,Z register and that is providing huge noise in gyroscope values. And I am getting variation from one value to next value. But using FIFO the noise is less compared to the manually read. What is cause for the issue and how to reduce the noise ? why do they give me much less noisier results when I read them from FIFO?

Thank you,

Sharmila
7 REPLIES 7
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on July 16, 2018 at 11:09

What means huge noise? Can you provide the data?

shammi d
Associate II
Posted on July 16, 2018 at 11:19

Hi,

Please find the Sensors Log file attached.

Thank You,

Sharmila

Attachments :

sensor.xls : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HxPt&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000axl%2FW0nT1OPvI2D0sbmQmqnicb6PsmswHUF8k2q5skmzRMk&asPdf=false
shammi d
Associate II
Posted on July 16, 2018 at 11:54

Hi Miroslav,

We are reading data using DRDY interrupt and also we enabled BDU.

Thank you,

Sharmila

DRDY interrupt is enabled

DRDY interrupt is enabled

Posted on July 16, 2018 at 11:41

Can you also share your sensor configuration?

Are you reading using DRDY interrupt to read the data?

Did you enable BDU?

shammi d
Associate II

Hi ,

We are keeping the device stationary but when I read the values from gyroscope I am getting variation from one value to next value. But same device at same position if i read the gyroscope value using FIFO the noise is less. Please tell me why do they give me much less noisier results when I read them from FIFO?

What FIFO is doing which is missing in normal reading?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Sharmila

Deepanraj Anbarasan
Associate II

Hi Miroslav,

Please let us know, Whether any time delay is required to read the data from the gyroscope register during normal operation.

Thank you,

Deepanraj

Deepanraj Anbarasan
Associate II

Hi Miroslav,

In our case we are using the default configuration provided in the driver. except the ODR is set to 1000 full scale value for gyroscope.

We are reading the data using DRDY interrupt.

BDU bit is also enabled.

Thank you,

Deepanraj