Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 and VL53L0X

Jonas L
Associate
Posted on December 09, 2017 at 19:30

Hey there,

I'm working with my STM32L476 and the VL53L0X rangngs sensor.

I'm using the Example from X-CUBE-53L0A1. I don't have the Nucleo board for the Sensor just a satellite board.  When using the example for ranging with the example 'RangingWithSatellites'  I get the error shown in the picture. What am I doing wrong.

The sensor is connected correctly, and the program should work.

Thanks for the help.

#vl53l0x #stm32l476
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on December 11, 2017 at 11:38

Could you not have embedded that picture - so that we could actually see it, without having to separately open it?

Jonas L wrote:

The sensor is connected correctly, and the program should work.

But the message is complaining about an I2C Expander - not the sensor - isn't it?

Posted on December 11, 2017 at 12:16

It looks like it does. I don't really understand the error.

John E KVAM
ST Employee
Posted on January 02, 2018 at 16:55

The ST Expansion board has in addition to the sensor, an LED 4 digit display. This display uses a lot of PIOs and requires the use of a PIO Expander. Unfortuately the PIOs are not connected directly to the Sensor, but go through the Expander. Hence you are talking to a device that is not on your system.

Two choices are to buy the ST VL53 Expander board, or two dig into the code and remove the bits that talk to the PIO expander board and talk to the Sensor directly.

- john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.