cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I m unable to donwload the ref manual of the STM32F466, any help ?

Julien Bouille
Associate III
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 04:16

Hi

i need this ref manual  'STM32F446xx advanced ARM®-based 32-bit MCUs'

is anyone can upload it here waiting for the website bug to be corrected ?

Tanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thomas Borowczak
ST Employee
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 09:36

Julien,

We are currently facing issues in documentation download which should be solved in the coming days.

Check :

In the meantime, find here the

A long term solution to avoid ponctual turbulences for online documentation download is to access the documents through the ST MCU Finder application where the complete STM32  documentation can be downloaded in 1 shot for immediate offline access.

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/st-mcu-finder-pc.html

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Borowczak
ST Employee
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 09:36

Julien,

We are currently facing issues in documentation download which should be solved in the coming days.

Check :

In the meantime, find here the

A long term solution to avoid ponctual turbulences for online documentation download is to access the documents through the ST MCU Finder application where the complete STM32  documentation can be downloaded in 1 shot for immediate offline access.

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-utilities/st-mcu-finder-pc.html

Hope this helps

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 10:58

Merci Thomas

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 18:44

It would also help if the documents would not have 4+ name:

- the name of the downloaded file (DMxxxx.pdf, CDxxxxx.pdf), eventually prepended with a language designator like dm00314099.pdf

- the document tiltle on the cover : RM0433

- some readble title 'STM32H7x3 advanced ARM®-based 32-bit MCUs'

- Document ID: DocID029587 Rev 3

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 19:50

What's the deal with ''Tanks''? I see it very frequently outside UK/US circles.

0690X0000060PGaQAM.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 19:45

I think the current naming is somewhat ingrained, so do not expect the document policy to change. I just rename them locally with a brief description and revision number.

I've brought up the naming before, and the ability to pull historical docs in several conversations. We tend to archive the data sheet and reference manuals associated with designs as a matter of course, so that design/coding decisions can be reviewed in the light of the documentation that was provided at the time they were made.

People at seminars have also described the numbering scheme as 'unhelpful'.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on December 13, 2017 at 22:04

Clive One wrote:

I think the current naming is somewhat ingrained,

Indeed. And other vendors do have similar schemes - ST are not alone.

I have seen it brought up here before.

We tend to archive the data sheet and reference manuals associated with designs as a matter of course, so that design/coding decisions can be reviewed in the light of the docum

entation that was provided at the time they were made.

Likewise

the ability to pull historical docs in several conversations.

Useful when 'inheriting' a project where the original team did not have the above foresight!

Posted on December 13, 2017 at 22:07

Well, if you were going to send anything in advance, I guess Tanks would be a pretty sure way to guarantee getting through ...

🙂

Seriously, I suspect it's phonetic - like the frequent 'replay' for 'reply'

At least it's better than text-speak!