Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL_ETH_TransmitFrame sometimes return HAL_BUSY

MathiasZ
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 10:16

Hi community,

i got a problem by sending udp packets via HAL_ETH_TransmitFrame() on my STM32F107.  Sometimes (every x packets) the function gives HAL_BUSY back. I dont know why and i have no idea how to fix this.

It seems that something is locking the eth handler....

I try to fix this issue since a few days now and would be really happy if anybody can give me a suggestion how to fix this.

Best regards,

Mathias

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 23, 2018 at 12:11

Hi

Zviedris.Mathias.002

‌,

As we don't know so much about your hardware, firmware and configuration, I suggest the following:

1. try to use the exampleSTM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.6.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_UDP_Echo_Client (orSTM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.6.0\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_UDP_Echo_Server depending on your use-case) to check if you still have same problem or not
  2. check the hardware you are using and compare it withSTM3210C_EVAL schematic

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 14:01

Hi Amel,

thank you for your response. Iam on a STM32F107 with already working Webserver (Data on SD-card) and CAN Bus to a STM32F105. It figured out, that the error only occours if i have the following situation:

1. Send data via UDP to STM32F107

2. The STM32F107 is sending the data to the STM32F105 (via CAN-BUS)

3. When the operation on the STM32F105 has finished, the uC sends an echo over CAN-BUS to STM32F107

4. In the CAN-RX callback there is a check if the echo is valid

5. If the echo (from the STM32F105) is valid there is a HAL_ETH_TransmitFrame() call within the callback.

Sometimes it works 1000 times in a row and sometimes there´s a 'HAL_BUSY'  what is locking the process so that the HAL_ETH_TransmitFrame() isn't sending anything.

I dont know what is the cause of 'ETH->Lock == HAL_LOCKED' ....