cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stewmin and IAR8.11

bastien pessus
Associate
Posted on December 14, 2017 at 10:52

I've my application that uses the stemwin (STemWin532_CM4_OS_IAR.a) with IAR compiler. Up to version 8.10 of the IAR compiler I never had any warning or error during the build of the project.

Upgrading the IAR IDE to version 8.11 I have this error:

'Warning[Lt009]: Inconsistent wchar_t size

STemWin532_CM4_OS_IAR

.a has wchar_t size 16 bits '

IAR Information Center for ARM need needs to be rebuilded the stemwin library with new version of the compiler to avoid unpredictable issues.

How I can solve this issue?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on December 14, 2017 at 17:24

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience it may bring to you.

This issue is already raised internally for further investigation.

I will keep you informed as soon as I get more details about the planning to fix this.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on July 06, 2018 at 16:41

Hello,

There is a braek of compatibility between 7.xx and 8.XX IAR versions and all the binaries generated with IAR 7.xx needs to be re-genrated with IAR 8.xx.

This is already passed along to our development team and a 

new STemWin binaries supporting IAR 8.xx will be provided with the new release of Cube firmware packages.

So, please keep an eye out for the next update of your Cube package !

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Greetings, Imen

I was just checking in with you to see if you could provide me with an approximate date of inclusion of this fix for the STM32H7 MCU package. We have been having the same linker warning issue for some time now and would like to have it resolved or at least know when we could expect to have it resolved.

If I check on STM32CubeMX as of today [Nov 2018], the latest H7 package is dated Jan 2018 [1.2.0] and does not include it. In addition, it has been 4 months since your response above.

Thanks much for any status update.

Regards,

Mike Palmer