cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why using cubemx to config STM32H743Zi-Nucleo ethernt project can not ping correctly

Yi Zhou
Associate III
Posted on July 01, 2018 at 17:03

Hi all:

I use STM32H743zi-Nucleo, and use cubemx to config ethernet, using IAR and static ip address, after generate the code, but I can not ping the board. Dose anybody know where is wrong?

The attachment is the ioc file. Thanks

#stm32h7-ethernet
5 REPLIES 5

Sorry, bumping old zombie unanswered threads off my feed

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
martonmiklos
Senior

I am also stuck with this problem now. Basic project generated by CubeMX with 1.3.0 STM32H7 stack, and the ethernet links, but I am not able to communicate with the MCU via Ethernet.

I have enabled debug for various components, but there is no sign of any incoming communication. (Neither outgoing on the host side with wireshark).

ranran
Senior II

Same.

Maybe cubemx created something wrong ? Any idea ?

Hello All,

We confirm the ping issue with the package firmware STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.3.0.

The fix will be available next year in the next release of STM32CubeH7 V1.4.0.

Attached you will find the ethernetif.c which contains the fix of the Ethernet issues reported within STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.3.0.

Please, keep us informed about your progress on this issue and feel free to share feedback with us.

Happy Holiday season!

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello Imen,

Thank you for commenting.

Is it possible to add the stm32cubeMX project (.ico) with the examples ?

The issue is that bebause there is no .ico, I use the ethernet example as a template for ouyr BSP (becuase it is the most complex to achive if we start from .ico ), but now I find it difficult to add even uart.

On adding uart there is issue of wrong clocks.

I think that it is related to the fact that ethernet use external oscillator.

Bye the way, must it use external oscillator ?

I don't know what changes are required to make the uart clock correct. (The clock are a bit complex to set without mcu32cubemx)

I find the following changes between uart and ethernet:

-RCC_OscInitStruct.HSEState = RCC_HSE_BYPASS;

+RCC_OscInitStruct.HSEState = RCC_HSE_ON;

-RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLM = 400;

RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLM = 5;

-RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLN = 400;

+RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLN = 160;

-define HSE_VALUE  ((uint32_t)8000000) /*!< Value of the External oscillator in Hz *

+define HSE_VALUE  ((uint32_t)25000000) /*!< Value of the External oscillator in Hz */

Thank you for any suggestion,

ran