cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24LR64E-R compatible with iPhone CoreNFC?

Brian Schrock
Associate
Posted on December 19, 2017 at 23:03

I'm using a M24LR64E-R and I can't seem to get the ST NFC Tap iPhone app to recognize it. I can get it to work with the M24LR-discovery board which has the M24LR04E-R on it.

I'm pretty sure I have a valid NDEF record on the M24LR64E-R. However, when I read both tags with the Android ST25 app, it lists 'NFC type V - ISO/IEC 15693' for the discovery board, but only lists 'ISO/IEC 15693' for my board. I have even tried saving the memory from the discovery board and dumping it on mine, with no luck.

Is it possible to read a M24LR64E-R with an iPhone?

#ios #nfc #m24lr
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee
Posted on December 20, 2017 at 14:25

Dear Brian,

Unfortunately, M24LR64E-R is not supported by iPhones. It is only supported on Android platforms.

As of today, iOS11 is not supporting NFC-V / ISO15693 tags with memories larger than 8Kbits.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JL. Lebon
ST Employee
Posted on December 20, 2017 at 14:25

Dear Brian,

Unfortunately, M24LR64E-R is not supported by iPhones. It is only supported on Android platforms.

As of today, iOS11 is not supporting NFC-V / ISO15693 tags with memories larger than 8Kbits.

Best regards,

dmurphy
Associate II

@ST Community​ i have raised this issue on Apple Bug Reporter they have got back to me asking for more details. is there a technical person inside ST i could give as contact to Apple maybe this could be fixed in CoreNFC framework