Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX - library compatibility

Dams
Associate II
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 11:30

Hi, 

I'm using STM32F415 MCU. My code is generated by STM32CubeMX (V4.22) and I'm using Eclipse as IDE.

I got several difficulties to adapt code from ST exemple or exemple from internet to my project due to:

- a problem of file naming (.h file now have _hal_ in their name)

- some function disapear (for exemple can't find I2C_GenerateSTOP neither in i2c.h neither in any file of my project)

Is their a way to generate with cube a project using old library to be compatible with ST code example ?

Thanks for support,

Regards, 

Damien

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 15:14

The SPL and HAL code examples are not interchangeable.

CubeMX installs a wealth of HAL examples under the repository for a host of boards and peripherals, use these as a starting point.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 15:35

Thanks for reply.

In fact I'm using Bluetooth module CC2564 from TI because they give me code exemple for STM32 but it is not compatible with code from CubeMX. The code use UART to communicate with BT module and I2C to communicate with Apple Co-processor.

What is the best way to make it working ?

Damien

Dams
Associate II
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 16:44

Unfortunately it's the last device I need to start on my board... By using CubeMX, I already start power management (sleep / wake up), RTC, I2C, SPI and UART for other peripherals...

Thanks for support, I'm going to adapt thier code by myself. I think the topic can be closed.

Posted on January 10, 2018 at 16:21

Depends how compelling the use of HAL/CubeMX is to the development and function of your project. The SPL is still available and solid on the F415 chips.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 17:35

ST promotes SPL to LL drivers converter now:

http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/spl2ll-converter.html

I have not used it as I started to use STM32 in post-SPL era;)