cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find tutorials for Atollic TrueStudio combined with STM32cubemx?

Mohammad Yasser
Associate II
Posted on January 06, 2018 at 17:12

Hi everyone,

I'm a fresh graduate Engineer from Egypt . I'm currently working on a project and it was decided that we will utilize the STM32F407G discovery board . The problem is that it was also decided that the Atollic truestudio lite is the IDE that we will be using as well . I have been searching far and wide and I found near to nigh of tutorials . I have been Using Microchip's PIC up until now and I'm new to the ARM as well . Do you have any suggestions as to how I should proceed?

The current task that I have is to interface between a Quicktel EC20 and my discovery board through USART and I'm almost done but I still need to add a CR to my UART transmits . please note I'm using the HAL drivers for USART6 on this board using the STM32cubemx .

#usart #hal #stm32f4 #atollic-truestudio #stm32cubemx
2 REPLIES 2
RomainR.
ST Employee
Posted on January 06, 2018 at 17:46

Hi 

First of all you probably need to know that Atollic TrueStudio is an IDE that is based on the Eclipse environment. So you will have to spend some time to use this tool.

In addition to TrueStudio, there is also the AC6 IDE SW4STM32 which is also based on Eclipse and works in much the same way.

Also you can see the following tutorials that works on SW4STM32 and TrueStudio.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMM6aSAG

https://community.st.com/community/contribute-your-knowledge/blog/2017/05/05/stm32l4-cubemx-hands-on-using-sw4stm32

I will try to give you some essential steps in order to start a basic project for your need.

1 ° Start by familiarizing yourself with the CubeMX by creating a basic project for your STM32F407. Example to blink the led.

2 ° Import your project (with the CubeMX for Atollic) then compile and debug it.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more help.

Best regards

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on January 06, 2018 at 17:57

<CR><LF> would be '\r\n', you can also explicitly send 0x0D and 0x0A characters, as you would any other bytes.

Have the project leader suggest some documentation, or learning materials? Work with a colleague who has more experience and can mentor you.

I'd imagine Google/Bing would show everything available on the non-dark portions of the web, subject to local censorship. There are also likely companies offering commercial training on tools. Atollic might be able to provide you with some materials, or training partners. Most recent releases of CubeMX have deprecated Atollic support, but this might change based on ST's purchase of the company.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..