cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA2D Config

Daniel Hatcher
Associate II
Posted on January 17, 2018 at 12:14

I am trying to create a project which uses a display. I have created a project on stm32cube with LTDC and DMA2D enabled. I can store bitmaps in the flash then display them using the LTDC functions. I have got an example project working on a stm32f7 device where you can overlay bitmaps using the DMA2D. I have tried to get this working on my project but with no luck, as I need to overlay lots of small bitmaps stored in the flash quickly.

If I set the background colour to white I get activty on all the display lines in the LTDC functions. If I set the background colour to black there is only activity on the clock hysnc etc, which is what you would expect.

I then tried to use the DMA2D to send some data to the display but there is no activity. I have tried to use the example code for the DMA2D but it doesnt seem to be running. I have enabled the clock. Is there any way of debugging it/common errors made when using the DMA2D. 

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel Hatcher
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 15:02

Has anyone got an ideas? Been trying again but still with no luck.

Daniel Hatcher
Associate II
Posted on January 30, 2018 at 17:10

Is there any tutorials that I can follow please? I have searched online and there is nothing definitive for implementing it