cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st motor control isolated current sensor

Low Yik Seong
Associate III
Posted on February 23, 2018 at 09:47

Hi, when I selected using two isolated current sensor in st motor control workbench. The IAR couldn't compile the code and gave the error 

0690X00000609ggQAA.png

May i know is there a solution to the problem? But using 3 shunt resistor current sampling does not have such problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on February 26, 2018 at 10:46

It's a basic 'C' error - the type of the argument you've supplied does not match what the function requires.

So look at the function declaration, see what type it is expecting - and make sure you give it something of that type!

This is basic 'C' stuff - nothing specifically to do with ST.

freppa
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 11:15

It seems ST have not finished their work on the ICS_F30X_PWMnCurrFdbkClass.

Why release something half-done and then not clearly comment on this in User Manual UM1052/3 or in the code?

Could someone from ST please adress this. F30X is a popular platform for motor control so it should be high on the list of priorities to maintain code for this MCU!

Other people also have this issue:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkgcTSAR

True as

Neil.Andrew

‌ points out that this is a common C error, but that is not really the point here.

Other classes for ICS current feedback uses a particular struct,ICS_DDParamsM1 initiated in SystemNDriveParams.h.

This struct has of the typeICS_DDParams_t. Thus, for the F4 ICS class the function signature looks is this:

CIF4XX_PWMC IF4XX_NewObject(pPWMnCurrFdbkParams_t pPWMnCurrFdbkParams,

pICS_DDParams_t pICS_DDParams);

and yes, this should then compile and run on a F4 MCU.

For F30X however it seems that ST started development on it and have not finished. If we see the similar function signature for F30X:

CIF30X_PWMC IF3XX_NewObject(pPWMnCurrFdbkParams_t pPWMnCurrFdbkParams,

pICS_F30XParams_t pICS_DDParams

);

Ok so there is a mismatch of types, leaving us with two options for a fix:

Change the type for the the NewObject function

CIF30X_PWMC IF3XX_NewObject(pPWMnCurrFdbkParams_t pPWMnCurrFdbkParams,

pICS_DDParams_t

pICS_DDParams

);

There is a struct definition for

pICS_F30XParams_t inICS_F30X_PWMnCurrFdbkClass.h howver no such struct is being initiated in SystemNDriveParams.

I have looked at both solutions and are currently working on this. 1) fails because the init function of

ICS_F30X_PWMnCurrFdbkClass requires fields in the structs that are not inpICS_DDParams_t. 2) I have not looked into yet, but initiating a struct of the correct type should be possible.

Again, to me it seems like ST have started work porting ICS architecture to F30X, but left it unfinished like a complete mess. The UM1052 states that there is no support for ICS for F30X:

0690X00000609qKQAQ.png

Yet still the class

ICS_F30X_PWMnCurrFdbkClass is a part of FOC SDK V4.3

and in MCTasks.c we find:

0690X00000609qeQAA.png