Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 IDE

Zee blue
Associate
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 10:31

Hi, 

I am just starting a project in STM32.Now we have a confusion on which IDE to select SW4STM32 or 

Atollic TrueSTUDIO. Recently ST acquires Atollic. Now eventually one of them become obsolete soon.Please share your thoughts..

Also what is your recommendation on RTOS for STM32

Regards

Zee

#stm32-f4
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 18:43

I've been using Keil for years. 32kB limit for free version. Very flexible if it comes to playing code location (e.g. easy to put code in SRAM during debugging). Supports many flash  programmers ( I use segger, st-link, cmsis-dap). Unfortunately does not support rlink. I use it for STM and LPC MCUs.

Probably you may need something special - please share your requirements.

Posted on January 10, 2018 at 18:45

Keil works well for me

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 10, 2018 at 19:00

I am interesting what kind of new feature the ST is going add to the

Atollic

. What kind of integration can we expect?. I used to use Atollic in the past, and I remember they have a lot of interesting application notes at that time but I switched to Keil as it supported debug in SRAM smoothly.

So if you just started I would consider Atollic as well because direct ST support might be useful. Once you get used to the particular product it is not easy to switch to another one without real reason. Just trying to use Ride7 and failed several times because it is not as flexible as Keil is (for my particular purpose).

Posted on January 10, 2018 at 23:59

There is a free Keil for STM32L0 & F0 giving up to 256K

http://www2.keil.com/stmicroelectronics-stm32/mdk