Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed Messages issue with LRWAN 1.1.4

Ben Ning
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 17:25

Hello.

I was working with the LRWAN software using the Murata module a couple of months ago and was happy with its operation and functionality on my custom PCB. I moved over to hardware/antenna development and now have a board whose performance I am happy with. 

However I have now moved back into software development and noticed that the LRWAN software had moved up a few revisions. I was working with 1.1.1 and so I downloaded the latest (1.1.4), configured everything and now find that although I can successfully perform an uplink and downlink, I am not receiving a confirmation when I turn on confirmed messages (using AT+CFM=1). When I load up my previous project (1.1.1) confirmed messages work fine.

I'm trying to pin down why this is and am trying to download a fresh copy of 1.1.1. as well as 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 so that I can track the changes which may have resulted this problem. However, I cannot locate the archive of previous versions.

Has anyone else run into the confirmed messages issue, or can anyone point me to an archive?

I'm using the ABZ module on a custom board.

Gateway is a Multitech Conduit.

Using the Keil uVision 5.23 IDE

Using the project located in STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.1.4\Projects\Multi\Applications\LoRa\AT_Slave\MDK-ARM\B-L072Z-LRWAN1

Many thanks,

Ben.

#lora #i-cube-lrwan #abz #confirmed-messages
10 REPLIES 10
Ben Ning
Associate II
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 19:06

Hello.

Been working some more on this and I believe I've discovered the root cause.

It appears as though the ABZ module is actually receiving the confirmation OK, however, the AT+CFS=? was returning the wrong answer.

Compared to version 1.1.1, there has been a line removed from Lora.c which would appear to be essential to getting a correct answer. I'm not sure where this change originated as I do not have access to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3.

Within McpsConfirm() the first line in 1.1.1 assigned the confirmation data stored in mcpsConfirm to lora_config.McpsConfirm. It is 

lora_config.McpsConfirm that is checked when AT+CFS is queried, however, it remains null as it was never assigned to. 

Adding the following line back into McpsConfirm() returns expected functionality:

lora_config.McpsConfirm = mcpsConfirm;

My concern is that this line was removed for a reason, so maybe this is not the correct way to return functionality? Perhaps instead mcpsConfirm was meant to be checked in lora_config_isack_get() and this change was forgotten?

Feedback would be very gratefully received!

Ben.

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 21:05

I don't have 1.1.3, didn't see that being available

Here is my mirror of 1.1.2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIckZ5Sjd5Z3M5c00

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 19, 2018 at 22:40

No, I didn't see 1.1.3, either - just have 1.1.2 and 1.1.4

EDIT

There appears to be an archive of 1.1.1 - 1.1.4 here: ,

https://www.stmcu.jp/design/sw_dev/firmware/54690/ ♯ 546900_en

, ,- Japanese site.

My normal login doesn't seem to work there - I guess you would have to re-register there ?

Posted on January 19, 2018 at 22:48

My post with link is stuck in moderation. It says:

No, I didn't see 1.1.3, either - just have 1.1.2 and 1.1.4

There appears to be an archive of 1.1.1 - 1.1.4  on the ST Japanese site. My normal login doesn't seem to work there - I guess 

you would have to re-register there ?

Posted on January 21, 2018 at 00:27

Requested a copy of v1.1.3 from my local FAE

Posted on January 21, 2018 at 01:50

Never mind, I registered

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WVC5AQf_Vv3XjY-qReTYlxqkaWbkC0qD

Posted on January 22, 2018 at 12:39

Thank you so much for linking the previous versions. So it appears as though the line disappears in v1.1.3. Have you had issues with confirmed messages in v1.1.4?

Posted on January 22, 2018 at 14:17

Haven't actually tried it.