cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are stm32 Discovery board and stm32 demo board similar ?

Senthil Karalasingam
Associate II
Posted on January 20, 2018 at 18:03

Hi I'm new to stm32. I bought stm32F407 development board. Lot of examples are based on Discovery board. How to program development board via IAR 

#stm32-f4
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 12, 2018 at 12:28

Can you provide a link to the specific board you have, the description is far too generic and nonspecific.

Get a schematic for your board so you know the pin connectivity, this way you can modify the examples to suit it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 12, 2018 at 12:37

CubeMX v4.24 can pre-initialize resources required by the board. Start new project, select the board you have (the examples are the same for Discovery and DISC1 boards - those not using VCOM), generate the project. Then look into the examples to use API function to access specific pheripheral.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on February 12, 2018 at 13:35

I bought stm32F407 development board

As

Turvey.Clive.002

‌ says, that tells us absolutely nothing other that thatan STM32F407 is involved somehow.

Give specific make, model, manufacturer, vendor, details - preferably also links.

Where did you buy it?

Why did you not discuss with the manufacturer and/or vendor, and study its documentation to determine its suitability to your particular requirements before parting with money?

Is it even an ST board?

How to program development board via IAR

What does your IAR documentation say?

What does the board's

documentation

say?