cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install STM32CubeProgrammer on Mac OSX - Fails (hangs at step 6 of 8)

Andrew Sheppard
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 19:51

I'm running Mac OSX 10.9.5

I installed STM32CubeMX.app without problem and it runs fine.

However, when trying to install STM32CubeProgrammer.app it hangs at step 6 of the install program. Running the installer from the command line showed that the installer encountered this error:

Exception in thread 'IzPack - Unpacker thread' java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.logIntro(UnpackerBase.java:253)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack(UnpackerBase.java:285)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.run(UnpackerBase.java:242)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

Any workaround for this?

#installer #mac-osx #stm32cubeprogrammer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrew Sheppard
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2018 at 04:46

FIXED! (With help from this blog post: 

http://blueeyes.sakura.ne.jp/2018/01/01/734/

)

Install Java 8.

Run this command in a terminal (from the folder holding

SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app

:

JAVA_HOME=$(/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Commands/java_home -v '1.8')

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app/Contents/MacOsSetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_0_0_macos

Installs STM32CubeProgrammer.app, which runs OK under Java 9. But won't install under Java 9!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Aymen Abderrahmen_
Associate II
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 13:43

Hi Andrew,

can you please provide your java version with 'java -version' in command line.

BR,

Aymen.

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 02:07

>$ java -version

java version '9.0.4'

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)

Posted on February 02, 2018 at 03:25

OK I've just bought a brand new MacBook Pro, MacOS HighSierra 10.13.3.

Exactly as before. STM32CubeMX installs (but only if you run Terminal in D

ownloads/en.stm32cubeprog/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app/contents/MacOs

and run

open SetupSTM32CubeMX-4_24_0_macos

). Runs OK.

But installer for STM32CubeProgrammer hangs on step 6 or 8 of the graphical installer with this thrown exception:

Andrews-MacBook-Pro:~ shep$ /Users/shep/Downloads/en.stm32cubeprog/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_0_0_macos ; exit;

Command line arguments:

====================

Installation started

Exception in thread 'IzPack - Unpacker thread' java.lang.ClassCastException: java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to java.base/java.net.URLClassLoader

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.logIntro(UnpackerBase.java:253)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack(UnpackerBase.java:285)

at com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.run(UnpackerBase.java:242)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

I'm running the latest and greatest for Mac and STM32CubeProgrammer won't even install! I find that strange.

Help!

Posted on February 02, 2018 at 03:26

Oh, and my Java environment:

Andrews-MacBook-Pro:MacOs shep$ java -version

java version '9.0.4'

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.4+11)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.4+11, mixed mode)

Andrew Sheppard
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2018 at 04:46

FIXED! (With help from this blog post: 

http://blueeyes.sakura.ne.jp/2018/01/01/734/

)

Install Java 8.

Run this command in a terminal (from the folder holding

SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app

:

JAVA_HOME=$(/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Commands/java_home -v '1.8')

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app/Contents/MacOsSetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_0_0_macos

Installs STM32CubeProgrammer.app, which runs OK under Java 9. But won't install under Java 9!

Edwin Reich
Associate
Posted on July 10, 2018 at 22:02

I was unable to install with the command listed as it is missing a '/' between 'MacOS' and 'Setup'.

I have added the updated command line that worked correctly for me.

JAVA_HOME=$(/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Commands/java_home -v '1.8') ./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1.0.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-1_0_0_macos

tony239955
Associate II

I am also trying to install the MacOS version of the programmer version 2.4.0, and have followed this thread. I got the application installed OK (had to use sudo to write to the Applications directory). My java is version "13.0.1" 2019-10-15. My OS is Mojave 10.14.6

However, when I try and run the programmer, nothing happens, except a slight twitch of the icon bar.

Has anyone succeeded in this installation recently.

Tony

TKamp.1
Associate II

I am also have problem install STM32CubeProgrammer v2.10.0 after installation show a error with message ""CubeProgrammer_API or one of its dependencies is missing. Please try reinstalling the program of check your java architecture". I am also already following instruction above. I hope somebody tell Me how to fix it. Thanks