cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qi firmware for the STWBC-WA (STEVAL-ISB038V1T)

Bou Chta
Associate
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 11:21

Hello,

I'm looking for the Qi firmware to be used with the wireless transmitter STWBC-WA (evaluation board STEVAL-ISB038V1T).

The firmware (

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-isb038tfw.html

that I found on the webpage of the evaluation board ) is not a Qi compliant 

Many thanks

#firmware? #steval-isb038v1t #stwbc-wa
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 15:31

Hi,

As per the manual I performed the firmware on a STEVAL-ISB038V1T, unfortunately, even if the upgrade procedure seems to be successful, red and green leds, steady on: firmware/STWBC-WA chip mismatch. This could depend on how you noticed from the 

not a Qi compliant?

Coming to your question, I also could not find previous firmware. Is there a repository?

Bou Chta
Associate
Posted on February 19, 2018 at 09:00

Hi,

Same Problem with my board 'firmware mismatch', in addition I can't connect it to my PC using UART anymore
Christian Beia_O
Associate II
Posted on July 05, 2018 at 14:24

Hi all,

the STEVAL-ISB038V1T cannot be Qi compliant since the Qi standard requires 5W min available power. The STEVAL-ISB038V1T power level is limited to 1W instead. By the way  it uses the same protocol as Qi, so it may be compatible with Qi receivers which require 1W or less.

Trying to load a Qi compliant FW instead, it won't work, since it would require a Qi-compliant hardware as well. Examples of Qi-compliant HW are STEVAL-ISB027V1 ( 5W) and STEVAL-ISB044V1 ( 15W ). 

Each of those demoboard have a specific firmware which cannot be mixed to each other. This is the possible reason of the error 'firmware/STWBC-WA chip mismatch' while trying to load a Qi-compliant FW, but again, there is no need to do that.