cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with stm32f0discovery

Nidhal Abidi
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 02:00

Hi I'm new with stm32, I bought an stm32f0discovery but I can't work with it I wanna get help or some tutorial please.

32 REPLIES 32
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 10:42

Why can't you 'work with it'? Where are you stuck? What have you tried?

For basic getting-started tips, see:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWm7SAF

Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 10:43

Please don't put the entire question in the subject line!

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 10:54

Maybe we should have FAQ page since many questions are asked again and again without searching the site (not sure if the searching works fine now  - it works at least for me). The basic stuff:

-how to start

-where the training materials are stored

-some basic projects e.g LED blinking (*.ioc based projects) - not everybody find ST delivered examples interesting when he/she would like to start  - these examples have no ioc files what is particularly important when you want to use BSP (I shared several project for a few Discovery boards)

-etc

Your post is really good to be re-used here....

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 11:16

Bogdan Golab wrote:

many questions are asked again and again without searching

and there's the fundamental flaw: people who don't search won't find the FAQ.

:(

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 11:33

I guess it would help people like you - instead of writing time consuming posts you would just add a link to the FAQ:)

On the other hand we all could update such FAQ to have shared (and updated) knowledge base. In theory.

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 12:07

Good point.

Nidhal Abidi
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2018 at 15:28

Could I use arduino modules such as esp8266 for wifi or sdcard module ?

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 15:36

Yes, it is certainly possible.

Whether you, specifically, have the necessary skills and experience is less certain ...

Posted on January 25, 2018 at 15:58

Generally you can use arduino shields. CAre should be taken if a particular modules uses 5V logic  - e.g. arduino shield with LCD 48x84 display has also joystick on board and uses analog pin  - so in this case a divider would be helpful to avoid connecting 5V input directly.

The conclusion is: it's worth studying the schematic earlier. It is always worth to check voltage - STM32 is definitely 3.3V powered devices - It has 5V available to power other stuff but uses 3.3V and not all pins are 5V tolerant.