Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Mac installation fails

Till Rachow
Associate III
Posted on April 24, 2018 at 11:07

Hi,

I am trying to install STMCube on my mac, but the installation seems to fail.

I am using the following command from terminal:

sudo open  SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.25.0.app

It fails with:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file .../en.stm32cubemx/SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.25.0.app.

I also tried to open it with doubleclick, this doesn't work as well, the Cube symbol opens in the dock very briefly and then disappears..

Anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks

Till

5 REPLIES 5
Darren Grant
Associate
Posted on April 26, 2018 at 22:39

I have this problem with MacOS X 10.13.4 (High Sierra). I have tried both the Java 8 and 10 64bit JDK and neither work.

It seems that the Mac installer is broken but you can get it to work by using the installer from the windows version on the command line as follows.

sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.25.0.exe

Don't worry, the install script still detects that it is a Mac and installs OK.

It may have something to do with the installer wanting to write to

'/usr/share/applications'

and this is not possible due to the System Integrity Protection (SIP) introduced with MacOS X El Capitan.
Till Rachow
Associate III
Posted on May 11, 2018 at 13:53

Next problem:

The integrated updater won't let me update.. Says i need to restart with administrator priviliges. Which i did, using sudo.

Still not working..

Till Rachow
Associate III

Still fails with 2.6.1

john doe
Lead

@Till Rachow, you installed as root, and installed in Applications. Don't do that. Install as regular user, and use a different directory. I use Developer.

to get the installer to install, you need to remove the quarantine flag since st doesn't sign their installers

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine <path to your installer>

Till Rachow
Associate III

@Mohamed Mansouri​  Please check @john doe​ 's answer. This stuff should be taken in to account for your installer, or should at least be somewhere in the manual..