cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prescaler value is not updating.

Shubhendu Banerjee
Associate II
Posted on March 17, 2018 at 08:07

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 17, 2018 at 14:19

Link to your existing thread on the topic.

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWlOSAV

I'm not aware of why writing the prescaler wouldn't work, but generally I modulate the Period or Pulse in an Update interrupt. Both Prescaler and Period are written as N-1 values, the prescaler is always limited to 16-bit.

Minimum requirements:

State clearly the model of STM32 being used from the outset

Provide complete compilable code, this can be a subset of the whole, but it needs to compile in a stand alone form. Code should include all defines, as well as clock and pin initialization.

Use the syntax high-lighter to post code.

If the code runs hundreds on lines, attach the C file as an attachment to the post.

If the code is spread across multiple files ZIP all files together and post a single file.

Failure to do these things will likely result in your post being ignored.

#

‌
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 19, 2018 at 08:21

Thanks for your replay. I'll surely remember your suggestions in future posts. The code is working now. I've re-generated the whole code from STM32CubeMX with timer settings corrected after full deletion of rthe faulty project. Now everything is working fine. Thanks again.