cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does sim() function do

Mike Bounds
Associate II
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 11:38

I am trying to understand what 'sim()' does in the example code that comes on the STM8L-DISCOVERY eval board (Introduction to STM8L15x power saving modes using the STM8L-DISCOVERY IDD measurement feature) where the source can be downloaded from 

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm8-embedded-software/stsw-stm8009.html

In the Project/Discover/src/icc_measure.c file in function ADC_Icc_Test it runs 'sim()' and I cannot find a definition anywhere what this function does - example:

/* Low power mode */

case MCU_LPR:

Halt_Init();

sim();

/* To prepare to start counter */

GPIO_HIGH(CTN_GPIO_PORT,CTN_CNTEN_GPIO_PIN);

/* To configure Low Power */

LPR_init();

break;

I guess this must be some built-in C function as I can't find it in any of the source or Library files, but I can't find definition on Google

Thanks

Mike

#stm8l-discovery #sim #stm8 #stm8l
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
henry.dick
Senior II
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 12:27

It's the c version of assembly sim instruction, opposite of rim. To disable and enable interrupts. The device header files or intrinsically should have it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
henry.dick
Senior II
Posted on February 16, 2018 at 12:27

It's the c version of assembly sim instruction, opposite of rim. To disable and enable interrupts. The device header files or intrinsically should have it.

Posted on February 16, 2018 at 12:49

Thanks - I had looked in .c files in 'user' and libraries and .h files in 'user', but forgot .h files in libraries - so with your help, I have now located in ,Libraries/STM8L15x_StdPeriph_Driver/inc/stm8l15x.h :

♯ define rim() _rim_() /*!<,enable interrupts */

♯ define sim() _sim_() /*!<,disable interrupts */

Thanks again

Mike