cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with IDW01M1

Arnas Matiukas
Associate II
Posted on February 17, 2018 at 02:41

Hello everyone, i am trying to start with X-Nucleo expansion board IDW01M1 on top of the Nucleo F446RE. Since i am junior developer it is really hard to build a project and get on track without any tutorials. I searched a lot about tutorials to get start with this expansion board but results are the same - can't get it running. Could someone explain me how should i integrate 

X-CUBE-WIFI1 into

STM32Cube MX, i am getting errors (screenshots below). If it is impossible to generate a project with CubeMX there should i search for help?

I have read most of Getting started with the X-CUBE-WIFI1

and other manuals provided by ST.com.

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on February 17, 2018 at 17:48

>>Since i am junior developer..

Not sure what this means, you're in school, or employment? You've programed computers for X years?

The Cube 'Extensions' don't actually plug into CubeMX, it is a term/issue that has been complained about before.

In actuality these are stand-alone HAL projects and examples, and should have a project file loadable directly into Keil, IAR, etc and built from there.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 17, 2018 at 19:52

I am embedded systems student and have 1 year development experiance ( as hobby, because we just now started to practice developing in university). Maybe you could suggest what steps i should take to integrate wifi functionality to project with this board?

Posted on February 17, 2018 at 21:08

Another approach is to use CubeMX and integrate BSP drivers wit it (in this case WIFI drivers). Here as a starting point is CubeMX generated app where you enable pheripherals related to the WIFI. I did it several times in the past for a few boards. Here you can find some help:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYoaSAF

Posted on February 17, 2018 at 20:35

I expect the F401-NUCLEO builds should work on a F446 either directly or with very little modification

Start with one of the application examples

STM32CubeExpansion_WIFI1_V3.1.1\Projects\Multi\Applications\HTTP_Request

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 17, 2018 at 21:10

The topic in general was touched several time on this forum - here is another example:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009bMM6QSAW