cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Add the I-CUBE LRWAN1 to the Keil env ? can I use the I-CUBE LRWAN1 in STM32CubeMx ? thank you for your help

Wissem Chouchene
Associate
Posted on February 11, 2018 at 17:32

!

How to Add the I-CUBE LRWAN1 to the Keil env ? can I use the I-CUBE LRWAN1 in STM32CubeMx ? thank you for your help 

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 11, 2018 at 17:52

The LRWAN1 software trees include Keil projects, you should be able to load those and build directly in Keil 5, might need to pull some packs automatically from Keil.

The Cube name here is a bit misleading, the LRWAN1 is more of a standalone HAL package than an 'add-on' to CubeMX. The way the Semtech code is integrated is also a bit divergent from the normal HAL/CubeMX models. This topic has be addressed in similar threads, check some of those out.

You can use CubeMX to create L0 code, but you'd then need to merge that into the LRWAN1 trees, or get sufficiently confortable with HAL/LL or register level coding to add features to the existing code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on February 13, 2018 at 14:10

Hello

Chouchene.Wissem

The I-CUBE LRWAN1 is not supported in STM32CubeMx.You have to add it manually to the project generated under project's workspace.

I recommend that you start with the examples using Keil in theI-CUBE LRWAN package:

STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.1.4\Projects\Multi\Applications\LoRa\

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on February 13, 2018 at 14:58

As

Turvey.Clive.002

‌, the

I-CUBE LRWAN1 comes with example Keil projects - so start with them.

They do build as-is with the free STM32L0/F0 Keil edition.

the LRWAN1 is more of a standalone HAL package than an 'add-on'

Agreed.

This topic has be addressed in similar threads, check some of those out.

For example:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWqTSAV

DAHMEN.IMEN

You have to add it manually to the project generated

Disagree - I think you will find it far easier to add other stuff to it that to try adding it to anything else!