Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLUENRG demo code not compiling

M Greally
Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 21:59

Hi.

I have downloaded theSTM32CubeExpansion_BLE1_V3.2.0 folder from the STM website and am trying to compile the demo project. I am using Keil V5. I have copied the files over to where all my other Keil projects are and have included the relative header paths. When I build it I get over 200 errors. I'm sure the code is fine and it maybe something to do with folder locations or something like that. Is there any special procedure for copying projects and where to copy them to?

Thanks.

#keil #bluenrg-2 #stm32f407

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
21 REPLIES 21
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:06

When I build it I get over 200 errors

That very often means that you have one actual error, and the other 199 are just consequences.

Tackle the first-reported error first ...

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:06

Keil projects typically have relative paths so the project needs to be placed at the same depth or significant work will be required to adjust ALL the internal paths, and the Include Paths.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:53

I have copied the files over to ...

So does it build if you leave everything in its original location ?

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:13

The first error I get is ' identifier 'tListNode' is undefined '. This is referring to a struct defined as:

typedef struct _tListNode {

struct _tListNode * next;

struct _tListNode * prev;

}tListNode, *pListNode;

Not sure why its not compiling though.

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:32

If it were not seeing a used header, you would be getting a 'can't open whatever.h' error before this.

Use find-in-files to locate where it should be defined.

Check for missing or incorrect command-line defines ...

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:34

If the project relative paths are incorrect surely the caution icon will let you know. I originally did have those but changed the paths which removed the error icon. Those this not suffice?

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:37

I actually edited my reply slightly just as you replied (sorry). I'm not familiar with the command-line defines you refer to. What do you mean by this?

Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:42

Options -> C/C++ -> Preprocessor Symbols -> Define

Stuff passed to the C compiler at run time, ie -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 22:43

You have 200 unspecified errors, stabbing in the dark here....