Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 HAL Driver RCC_SSCGR_INCSTEP_Pos is missing

Adam Davis
Associate II
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 12:49

Hello there.

I'm currently trying to integrate the HAL driver into my project which I'm currently using STM32F7 Nucleo-144 development board. I'm using the latest Atollic Studio with the HAL driver and I'm getting compiling issues surrounding with missing definitions to do with bit positions (i.e Atollic Studio is stating RCC_CR_HSICAL_Pos is missing). There are no definitions of the RCC_CR_HSICAL_Pos within the HAL driver as well as other bit related positions. Based on STMF4 code examples I've seen online, theses bit positions are defined within the main header related to the chip you are using (the same place where the structures are defined to represent the core registers).

I'm really want to start developing on my STM32F7 development board and if I can have some assistance with this, i'd be really happy if I could have some help with this issue, or if you could point me to an STM32F7 project which already uses the HAL driver within Atollic Studio.

Thanks

#stm32-hal-driver #stm32f7
1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 16:23

Hi

phillip.nash

‌,

You can generate a project using STM32CubeMX version and selecting TrueStudio as Toolchain.

I tried this from my side and I don't have any compilation error:

RCC_CR_HSICAL_Pos

is well defined in the CMSIS header files (Ex: stm32f746xx.h).

There are several ready to use examples in the STM32CubeF7 package. They are supported in 3 toolchains: Keil, IAR and SW4STM

You can easily import the ones configured based on SW4STM32 to be used with TrueStudio: just select the example with SW4STM32 then click on relative '.project' file. It will ask you to import it to TrueStudio.

Hope this can help you to start developingwith STM32F7 board and TrueStudio.

FYI:

https://community.st.com/events/1198-debugging-and-profiling-your-stm32-device-using-truestudio-for-stm32-webinar

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.