cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK Usb Communication error

Logan MacKenzie
Associate
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 20:41

I have a custom board (based heavily on the Nucleo) using the STM32F767II that I am trying to flash. I have flashed this board in the past using the CN6 header on a Nucleo board and using the St-Link to flash my PCB instead of the Nucleo. The other day I was flashing my board and testing some minor modifications to my firmware and flashing the board was working fine, but on the third or fourth time I tried to flash the board, I got the error 'USB communication error'. I am using Atollic TrueStudio (on Windows 10) and was flashing the board from it, but I also tried using the ST-LINK Utility to connect to the board, but neither is working now. I have double-checked that my wiring between the Nucleo and the board is the same as it was when it was working fine and everything seems good. The changes I made to my firmware were minor, insignificant changes so I highly doubt that they have anything to do with this issue. Is there something in the debug settings or configurations in TrueStudio that I could have done that would prevent me from re-flashing the board afterwards? Does it matter whether I power up the board first or plug in the Nucleo? Is there a way to reset the board? Thanks!

#nucleo-f767zi #st-link-utility
1 REPLY 1
Posted on February 08, 2018 at 22:39

Try strapping BOOT0 High on your board so that it runs the System Loader, this should be a safe harbour from which to connect/erase.

Check pin configurations, and code early in boot sequence.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..