I want to know about STM32CubeMX.AI

Nao Nao
Associate
Posted on March 10, 2018 at 20:25

Hi.

I watched CES 2018 Demo on youtube

https://youtu.be/pLGeGYQcUWU

I'm very interested in STM32CubeMX.AI.

How much ROM/RAM size are needed in library for neulral network?

How much CPU clock are needed for Inference in real time processing?

Is it possible to use for MCU which don't have FPU?

Can I try it?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on March 13, 2018 at 10:52

Hello

tenderfoots366

‌,

Many thanks for your interest on our STM32CubeMx.AI (Here you find the '

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/promotional_material/newsletter/group0/18/96/60/6e/7b/57/43/fc/EW2018_ST_enables_AI/files/EW2018_ST_enables_AI.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.EW2018_ST_enables_AI.pdf

'presentation).

The STM32CubeMX.AI is a client-server tool fully developed in ST. It makes automatic and fast conversion of a pre-trained neural network into a memory efficient and computationally fast optimized library.The library then can be executed on any STM32 MCU platform.

The tool is planned for release later this year as a part of the STM32 software ecosystem. All details about it will be provided at that time.

We thank you once more for your interest!

Khouloud.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on March 14, 2018 at 13:38

Hello

tenderfoots366

‌,

I have more details which could be useful for you.

• How much ROM/RAM size are needed in library for neural network? How much CPU clock are needed for Inference in real time processing?-> It depends completely on the Neural network complexity.
  • Is it possible to use for MCU which don't have FPU?-> Indeed, it is possible to work on fixed point.
  • Can I try it?-> The tool is not yet open for mass market and we plan it to be available before end of 2

Khouloud.

Posted on March 14, 2018 at 14:31

Hello Khouloud,

Thank for to answer my question.

I'm looking forward to the day when it will be open.

Best regard

Thanks.
Posted on March 14, 2018 at 15:07

Thank you for sharing you work details related to AI.

I am really excited that ST is investing some effort in this area, and is going to help us developing AI-based apps.

If it is not a problem could you please share what sort of problems you are trying to solve with AI/STM32.

I watched the video where the STM32-based AI solution was used to differentiate the noise generated in house, outside, and to act accordingly, etc.

The computing power of the STM32 is limited that's why I am interesting in the problem space - if you could give some examples where the STM32/AI will be applicable. I do understand that most complex problems will be solved using external powerful servers, and the STM32 will be used as the front-end of the solution. But I am more interested in stand-alone apps.

Thanks in advance for any insights related to this topic.

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 11:00

Hi

tenderfoots366

‌,

You're always welcome

We really appreciate your interest!

Khouloud.

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 11:02

Hi

Golab.Piotr

‌,

We will share all needed information ASAP.

Just stay tuned

Khouloud.

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 11:05

I'll be studying machine learning while waiting;)

Thanks a lot.

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 11:08

garsi.khouloud

‌ wrote

The STM32CubeMX.AI is a client-server tool fully developed in ST. It makes automatic and fast conversion of a pre-trained neural network into a memory efficient and computationally fast optimized library.The library then can be executed on any STM32 MCU platform.

I think the point of the '

pre-trained

neural network' is that all the 'heavy' training work & generating the Neural Network is doneon the server - not on the STM32 (the client)?

So the STM32 doesn't do any learning itself.

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 11:13

I also suspect it that STM32 won't be involved because of the complexity of the problems where the AI is going to be used.

Trivial problems have decent solutions w/o AI;)