Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTG_HS usage with STM32H753xI

Vijetha hn
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 15:04

Hi,

In-fact I tried asking query through service request. The website portal seems to be very slow. I am not sure whether it got submitted or not.

So I am asking the query directly to you here. Please help me in addressing this query :

Hi,

We are using STM32H753xI in our design and we would like to use OTG_HS interface.

Our plan is to connect the OTG_HS signals (DP, DM, VBUS, ID) to micro USB connector.

The query is CAN WE CONNECT KEYBOARD AND MOUSE to the OTG_HS interface? We may run OS in microcontroller and we will view it through LCD interface. By connecting Keyboard/mouse we want to give inputs to OS. Is it possible to achieve this requirement using OTG_HS interface?

Hope I made my query clear to you. Please respond ASAP.

Regards,

Vijetha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 14:15

Hi

hn.vijetha

‌,

You have to use the HID class. Some examples are already available in the STM32CubeH7 package and can be used to interface with a mouse or a keyboard.

Have a look toSTM32Cube_FW_H7\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\HID_Standalone. The file readme.txt describes the example and how to test it.

You can also build your own project depending on your application's requirement based on STM32CubeMX.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 27, 2018 at 14:15

Hi

hn.vijetha

‌,

You have to use the HID class. Some examples are already available in the STM32CubeH7 package and can be used to interface with a mouse or a keyboard.

Have a look toSTM32Cube_FW_H7\Projects\STM32H743I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Host\HID_Standalone. The file readme.txt describes the example and how to test it.

You can also build your own project depending on your application's requirement based on STM32CubeMX.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.