Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 Communication with PC Over Vendor Class USB

Always OnWork
Associate
Posted on February 15, 2018 at 16:44

Hello All

My Requirement as Below:

Connect OV7670 Camera Module (Or Any Other Module with Support 640x480) with STM32F407VGT6(100Pins) and Get 640x480 Grayscale Image at Minimum 7 FPS Directly on Windows PC Through USB & Android Through OTG

As Per My Research i Found Below Things:

- I Can Use DCMI To Connect Camera with STM32F407VGT6. Also i Have Some Example Of It.

But Where i Stuck is

- How to Transfer That Data To PC & Android Over USB? (Because in All Example There is USB To UART Used)

- Which Interface Need Full Speed OR High Speed?

Also I Want To Transfer That Data in Bulk Transfer Mode to PC

- as Per My Knowledge Libusb Makes My Task Easy on PC & Android, But Confusion is How to Write Driver For MCU?

- I See Example of HID, Custom HID, CDC But i Have Not Seen Any Example of Vendor Specific Class Driver For ST MCU

- Is It Possilble to Modify HID,Custom HID, CDC Driver To Satisfy My Requirement?

Lets Clear Also Some Things:

- I dont want to store any image on board if its not require compulsory

- I dont want to do any image processing onboard if its not require compulsory

- I Just want 7 FPS of Camera 640x480 Resolution Grayscale - All Image Processing i doing through software on windows & app on android.

- I Only Need Direct USB Connection, I DONT WANT USB TO SERIAL CONNECTION - I WANT PURE USB CONNECTION

- I Dont want to Implement UVC Drivers, I Need Bulk Transfer.

- Please Dont Suggest Wi-fi, Bluetooth or Anyother Communication Because I Need Only Through USB

I am Programming Guy very familiar with C♯, C++, .Net, Eclipse, Android, Java, PHP.

But im New to STM32F4 But I have done Basic Projects with That to Understand how its works and i also successful in that.

-Thanks in Advance.

#vendor-class-driver #stm32f4 #otg #dcmi #vendor-specific-driver-usb
0 REPLIES 0