cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation error on DMA channels for I2C4 on STM32F7?

Sergio Escobedo
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2018 at 22:40

On STM32F7 reference manual (RM0410, Rev 4), in the DMA stream/channel tables (p.249) there are two possible channel assignation por each I2C flow (TX or RX). For example, you can configure I2C1 to transmit using DMA1 on stream 6 channel 1 or stream 7 channel 1.

However, on I2C4, according to this table, you have 3 possible channels for RX flow, and just 1 for TX flow. Is this an error in the documentation? I guess both should have to possibilities as the rest of I2C channels and they mistyped a I2C4_RX for a I2C4_TX.

¿If it is an error, what is the real I2C4 channels assignation?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
T J
Lead
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 07:09

DAHMEN.IMEN

‌ who would track these issues ?

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 09:23

Hello,

I will check this issue and keep you informed about the taken actions/explanation if needed.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on June 04, 2018 at 14:00

Hello

sescobedo

You are right. In the 'Table DMA1 request mapping', the I2C4 _RX on Stream 5 Channel 2 should be I2C4 _TX.

I raised this issue internally for correction in the coming release of the RM0410 reference manual.

Thanks for bringing this typo to our attention.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on June 07, 2018 at 05:19

Ok, thank you very much

DAHMEN.IMEN

. I needed that information.