Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DS33 longevity

Luis Patsko
Associate
Posted on February 21, 2018 at 22:43

Hello,

We're using the LSM6DS33 accelerometer/gyrometer in a product, which is expected to be continuously manufactured for ~5 years. 

I'm slightly worried about its longevity. I know that nowadays it is listed as Active, and also that it is not in any longevity program.

Is it expected to be classified as NRND soon? Can I use it in this application without worries or should I be prepared for future changes since the beginning?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 11:54

Hello Luis,

there should be no problem having LSM6DS33 in production for 5 years, but I would suggest to use LSM6DS3 which is software compatible and more likely to stay in production for long time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 08:46

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/resources/product-longevity.html

http://www.st.com/en/mems-and-sensors.html

include in their portfolio 10 Years longevity products suitable for Industrial market. For MEMS sensors the 10 years longevity commitment starts from the following dates:

The 10 years longevity commitment includes the period of notification as set forth in the standard STMicroelectronics end-of-life notification policy (PTN).

In case of significant volume decrease, technology or manufacturing changes, a switch to a comparable product, another technology or a different manufacturing facility could be decided by  STMicroelectronics who will notify customers using the standard STMicroelectronics product/process change policy (PCN).

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 11:54

Hello Luis,

there should be no problem having LSM6DS33 in production for 5 years, but I would suggest to use LSM6DS3 which is software compatible and more likely to stay in production for long time.

Luis Patsko
Associate
Posted on March 01, 2018 at 22:46

Thanks for the information provided.