Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32cubemx

yang hong
Associate II
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 19:56

Hello,

I am new STM32cubeMx. After I installed the software in windows 10 with the latest version. I found software is very slow. For example, when I try to type user label in pin configuration, it took a long time to get response after I press the key. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
10 REPLIES 10
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 23:17

Get a machine that runs Java faster?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 22, 2018 at 23:22

Some people reports improvement when disable direct3d:

java -jar -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false STM32CubeMX.exe

T J
Lead
Posted on February 23, 2018 at 01:53

how much Ram is in the machine ?

did you check the Task Manager to see where the bottleneck is ?

Cube is very fast on a normal 'I5' with 8GB ram and onboard graphics.

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 01:39

I wonder how much impact AV tools have, JAR files are essentially PKZIP files as I recall.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 23, 2018 at 07:27

Yes, exactly. I have i7/8GB and works smoothly. Event with Bit9+Symantec. But Agree AV tools  + file consistency checkers are killers.

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 07:43

the easiest way to speed up your PC,    ThisPC   right click on C:,  untick  use search indexer

the not so easy way to double the speed again, replace the HDD with a SSD.

and the best way to make a new PC go very fast, Use a SSD M.2 drive, triple as fast as a standard SSD

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 07:48

It depends on what is the root cause of the slowness. If the access to file system - I agree.

Often you need more memory when running heavy background processes like AV, Bit9, etc. Simply to avoid memory swapping.

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 17:37

I did your suggestion: '

java -jar -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false STM32CubeMX.exe', It seems works, but still slower than desktop application made by Visual studio. Java desktop application is always painful because SWING is so slow. Frankly, a good programmer should use slow computer with less memory to develop the application because application should adapt bad running environment. You can't tell all end users to upgrade your machine again and again. Frankly, my pc has 8GB, I7 and SSD. I should not ask too much already.  

Posted on February 23, 2018 at 17:42

Seems that .net vm is faster than java vm. i7/8GB/SSD matches my PC resources.

I would try to look into java jre settings/versions, etc