cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 4.26.0 gets stuck when generating code

Sven Köhler
Associate III
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 03:45

On a project that used to generate code just fine for months, STM32CubeMX now gets stuck. This is happening since an upgrade to version 4.26.0. If it is of any relevance, the project uses the STM32L4 package version 1.8.1.

The problem only seems to occur on Windows. On the Linux, STM32CubeMX finishes generating code and doesn't get stuck.

The last entry of STM32CubeMX.log is below. Ironically the same error happens on Linux, but CubeMX is able to move past that error. Even more ironic, the file usb_otg_fs_vars.tmp can be found in the folder MXTmpFiles. That's where CubeMX puts it according to the log file, but then cant find it anymore cause it looks for it in the Src folder ... go figure!

Given this huge flaw in CubeMX, I really need a way to download previous version: say 4.25.1 or 4.24.0.

Bugs in CubeMX are reported here frequently and I have to rely on downloads provided by third parties! Why?

2018-06-12 03:38:50,674 [ERROR] runtime:96 -

Error reading included file Src/usb_otg_fs_vars.tmp

The problematic instruction:

----------

==> include 'Src/usb_otg_fs_vars.tmp' [on line 77, column 1 in usbdconf_l4_c.ftl]

----------

Java backtrace for programmers:

----------

freemarker.template.TemplateException: Error reading included file Src/usb_otg_fs_vars.tmp

at freemarker.core.Include.accept(Include.java:167)

at freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:208)

at freemarker.core.ConditionalBlock.accept(ConditionalBlock.java:79)

at freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92)

at freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:188)

at freemarker.template.Template.process(Template.java:237)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeEngine.freemarkerDo(CodeEngine.java:269)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeEngine.genCode(CodeEngine.java:190)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeGenerator.generateOutputCode(CodeGenerator.java:2913)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeGenerator.generateSpecificCode(CodeGenerator.java:2721)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeGenerator.generateSpecificCodeFile(CodeGenerator.java:1092)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeGenerator.generateCodeFiles(CodeGenerator.java:1229)

at com.st.microxplorer.codegenerator.CodeGenerator.generateCode(CodeGenerator.java:935)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.generateCode(ProjectBuilder.java:1029)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.createCode(ProjectBuilder.java:913)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.ProjectBuilder.createProject(ProjectBuilder.java:444)

at com.st.microxplorer.plugins.projectmanager.engine.GenerateProjectThread.run(GenerateProjectThread.java:41)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Template Src/usb_otg_fs_vars.tmp not found.

at freemarker.template.Configuration.getTemplate(Configuration.java:489)

at freemarker.core.Environment.getTemplateForInclusion(Environment.java:1459)

at freemarker.core.Include.accept(Include.java:157)

... 18 more

2018-06-12 03:38:50,678 [INFO] CodeEngine:279 - [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@31a0a3
8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 12, 2018 at 10:07

Hi

sven.koehler

‌,

Could you please provide your complete ioc file for further check.

Khouloud.

Posted on June 12, 2018 at 14:22

I have sent you a private message.

Posted on June 13, 2018 at 12:02

Hi

sven.koehler

‌,

Thanks for sharing your ioc file.One of our CubeMX team engineers will answer you ASAP.

Khouloud.

Posted on June 28, 2018 at 02:08

Hello. I have the same problem mentioned above. Any chances posting the solution in the comments? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am using STM32CubeMX 4.25.1, so I think you would like to downgrade straight to 4.24.
Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee
Posted on July 05, 2018 at 13:14

Hi Sven, 

Thanks for reporting this issue it is under investigation and will be fixed for the next release

Breukers.Ron
Associate II

Unfortunately, even with version 4.26.1 it gets stuck I am using the STM32F446RC.

PLEASE MAKE THE OLD VERSIONS ACCESSIBLE!!! PLEASE!!!

JHall
Associate

Have the same issue but with F2

dspil
Associate

Hi all, I had the same problem. After many tries I found that I had 5 different Java versions installed on my PC (see folder C:\Program Files\Java\ and folder C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java).

All I did was:

1) uninstall all the older versions

2) re-install a newer java version

3) setup correctly the PATH, by adding the correct java folder (something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_211\bin )

4) enjoy the working STM32CUBEMX code generation!

Cheers

Dino