cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a external AC6System work bench

Posted on May 25, 2018 at 08:40

Hi 

I want to know how to add external lib to the folder for AC6 System workbench IDE. 

What i did till now? 

I have added the Lib source file name and the folder locations in the below path 

Project Properties --> C/C++ Build --> Tool settings --> MCU GCC linker --> Libraries 

And the same file reflected on to the project properties 

Project Properties --> C/C++ General --> Paths and Symbols  -->  Libraries and in Libraries path.

When i made build i end up in to the linker stage failed. 

c:/ac6/systemworkbench/plugins/fr.ac6.mcu.externaltools.arm-none.win32_1.15.0.201708311556/tools/compiler/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../../

arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -llibalgobsec.lib

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

makefile:35: recipe for target 'yt.elf' failed

make: *** [yt.elf] Error 1 

How to fix this build issue  ?

Thanks

Phani

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III
Posted on May 27, 2018 at 18:24

Using the -l option will add the 'lib' prefix or your library name automatically. For example: to link with the libm.a math library you simply specify -lm. The lib prefix and .a suffix will be added automatically. If the library is not in a default library directory you also have to add -L... where ... stands for the directory path where the library is.

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 10:17

hi 

I want to add .lib file not .a file. 

i have tested with .a file its working fine.

i want to add '.lib', how i need to add?

Thanks

Phani

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 12:28

When I compile the STM32L4R5ZI BME680 libary, I got the error message of use VFP register arguments,

Can anyone let me know how to fix  inside the AC6 SW workbench?

Thanks

Phani

Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on May 31, 2018 at 15:46

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkWdISAV

Posted on May 31, 2018 at 14:44

Hi

phanirajkiran.ma

Please try to add “-mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard�? in the Miscellaneous Settings of the C and C++ compilers , it may resolve your issue!

-Nesrine-