cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating app code on STM32F4 & BlueNRG-MS from mobile App over bluetooth

AlanM
Associate
Posted on March 02, 2018 at 20:17

Hi There, I'd like some advice on where I can find the resources I need to figure out how I can update the code on a STM32F4 series MCU which will be used in conjunction with BlueNRG-MS bluetooth chip.

I want to be able to allow my customers to update the firmware on the product from their mobile phone app which we will build. I've had a search about but can't find how I should code the STM32 for this scenario, any hardware gotcha's when connecting the two chips, and finally example code for Android & iOS to use to upload the new firmware.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 03, 2018 at 19:14

You'd likely want to keep a small loader on the STM32F4 side that can open/maintain a com link to your updater app. The mechanics would be similar to the IAP examples (USART, Ethernet) and pull an application image to a starting point deeper into the FLASH. If you can stage the update to an external storage device, or unused area of FLASH it would improve robustness/recovery.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..