Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get SensorTile working

Shadab Zafar
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2018 at 10:22

Hello,

I have a SensorTile Kit (STLKT01V1) that I'm trying to test with the Blue MS Android application.

As mentioned in the SensorTile 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group0/bc/b1/ad/c8/36/de/40/92/DM00320099/files/DM00320099.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00320099.pdf

I plugged in a USB-mini power source but no light blinks on the SensorTile board and the BlueMS app can not find any nearby device.

What am I doing wrong? How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

#sensortile-kit #sensortile
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on March 29, 2018 at 15:06

Did you switch it on?

Did you upload a firmware?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
santosh23
Associate
Posted on March 27, 2018 at 19:44

Hi Zafar,

Is Orange LED Blinking on the Board ?

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on March 29, 2018 at 15:06

Did you switch it on?

Did you upload a firmware?

Part Robot
Associate II
Posted on March 30, 2018 at 18:26

If the BlueCoin is similar, I would imagine it's because of the default firmware the device uses which does not do what you are expecting. To communicate with Blue MS application you must either use the BVLINK firmware (specifically the BVLINK1_ST_Peripheral_8kHz.bin file) or if you want to check out all the features the ALLMEMS1 firmware (I believe the ALLMEMS1_ST_BL.bin file). You will need a Nucleo or something similar (I recommend the NUCLEO-F401RE) to upload this firmware. There's some subtleties getting it all to work which I suspect you'll face, but post back here again if you get stuck and I can help further.

Posted on April 03, 2018 at 08:52

I realized that by default the kit doesn't have any firmware running. So after connecting it with the Nucleo board and uploading running demo firmwares, things started working!