cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 uVision - missing pack

Posted on March 08, 2018 at 15:22

I attended the STM8-32 hands on day in Cambridge in Feburary 2018.

I have been repeating or doing the exercises that we did on the day but I have been unable to program the target STM32F072RB nucleo board in three of the four examples. Unfortuately my PC needed to restart on the day then it would not restart so although I had all the programmes and packs installed and had completed the first project but not as far as running ST-link.

I have partly repeated the exercise on another PC unsuccessfully. So it does not apear to be a bad installation issue?

In three of the exercises this is what is reaported after I press debug;

Load 'C:\\Users\\Owner\\Google-Drive\\STM32_Work\\STM32_hands_on_1\\Objects\\STM32_hands_on_1.axf'

No Algorithm found for: 08000000H - 0800038BH

Erase skipped!

Error: Flash Download failed - 'Cortex-M0'

Flash Load finished at 13:28:40

I think the pack which is a problem is thjat the Keil .....DFP pack needs to be reloaded every time I create a project but then the target MCU cannot be found;

Keil STM32F072RBxx-DFP

Could not find STM32F072RBTx so selected one of those.

Lastly it is the first ST-cube example hands on 1 that is successful but the vartion for HAL fails similarly to the above.

#uvision-evaluation #nucleo-f072rb #stm32-hands-on-day-feb-2018 #failed-pack-stm32f072rbxx-dfp
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 15:12

Hello Tilen,

Thanks. I needed to highlight STM32F0xx 128kB FLASH as you say in your last sentance for each example. Then the examples all programmed and launched the debugger properly.

Regards

Andrew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee
Posted on March 09, 2018 at 08:05

Hello

Lohmann.Andrew

‌,

if you have installed STM32F0 DFP pack, then there isSTM32F072RB option aswell. Some packages from Keil have different name for MCU option, so please follow theSTM32F072RB and then select closest MCU. If there is an option withTx at the end, use this option.T in this case meansLQFP package.

Regarding flash download algorithm, if you go toOptions for target, thenDebug tab, you chooseST-Link Debugger, thenSettings, underFlash download tab you need your algorithm. If you don't have it in a list, clickAdd to add new and selectSTM32F0xx 128kB FLASH option.

Best regards,

Tilen

Posted on March 09, 2018 at 15:12

Hello Tilen,

Thanks. I needed to highlight STM32F0xx 128kB FLASH as you say in your last sentance for each example. Then the examples all programmed and launched the debugger properly.

Regards

Andrew