Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGFOX_API_send_frame = SFX_ERR_SEND_FRAME_SEND_UPLINK

jonathan Reis
Associate II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 10:29

Hello

When i try to use SIGFOX_API_send_frame. I receive SFX_ERR_SEND_FRAME_SEND_UPLINK as error. but i don't really understant the meaning. Could you give me more details about this error and a way to solve it?

By the way the Sigfox example work si it's not a jumper problem.

Reis Jonathan

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 15:18

https://ask.sigfox.com/questions/5004/when-i-try-to-use-sigfox-api-send-frame-i-receive.html

When cross-posting the same question to multiple forums, always post links - so that people can see the full story, and not waste time repeating what's already been said.

Are there are descriptive comments along with the definition of the 

SFX_ERR_SEND_FRAME_SEND_UPLINK

symbol?

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 15:24

I'll do it next time thank's for the advice.

Descriptive comment is 'Send uplink frame failed '. 

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 16:20

I'll do it next time

Why not do it now?

Just go back to the other thread, and add the link.

Descriptive comment is 'Send uplink frame failed '. 

Hmm ... whoever thought that was useful should be shot!

:(

I guess you'll just have to trace through to find what could cause it ...

Do you have a working example to compare against?

EDIT

Here we go - illustrating the importance of you providing links between your two threads:

I see in the other thread that you do, indeed, have a  working example - so use that as a reference to see where you're going wrong...

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 17:30

Because you already did

I mean, you need to add a link to this thread in your thread on the Sigfox forum.

Currently, that thread just stops dead - you need to tell people where you've gone to!

i mixed this example with a LoRa program

right - so, in doing that, you have broken the Sigfox.

Does the LoRa still work?

i just try to know where to look

In the other thread, you said you have

a STdiscovery kit the 'STM32L072CZY6TR' MCU that include a 'SX1276' chip

It always helps to give a full part number & link so that people know exactly what you're talking about.

Do you mea

n this:

http://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-l072z-lrwan1.html

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/fragment/product_related/rpn_information/board_photo/group0/53/9e/4a/b9/c2/5d/4d/00/b-l072z-lrwan1.jpg/files/b-l072z-lrwan1.jpg/_jcr_content/translations/en.b-l072z-lrwan1.jpg

That has a built-in debugger - so you can step through your code and see what's happening!

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 16:57

Why not do it now?

Because you already did. (i posted this only here and on the Sigfox forum).

https://ask.sigfox.com/questions/5004/when-i-try-to-use-sigfox-api-send-frame-i-receive.html

I do have an example but i mixed this example with a LoRa program and there is a lots of files and i just try to know where to look. If i could know witch variable the HEX files (that support sigfox) used it would be more easy for me to find it. This is the reason i ask to know more about that error message maybe it could explain me where the problem is. 

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 17:55

Ok I know understand what you mean and I did it. 

Does the LoRa still work?

yes, the Lora work. 

Do you mea

n this:

Yes, it is the discovery I get.

That has a built-in debugger - so you can step through your code and see what's happening!

I debug it myself before I come here to ask some help and don't really understand where the problem comes from. So neither you neither Sigfox know what this error really means? 

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on March 15, 2018 at 23:54

Kling.Brian

‌ - why is this flagged as 'Assumed Answered'?

It seems an unwarranted assumption ...

Posted on March 15, 2018 at 23:53

No, I don't know what the error means.

I am suggesting the kinds of steps I would take in addressing such a problem.

Posted on March 16, 2018 at 07:03

There is a setting in the system that if there are x number of replies it is 'Assumed Answered' - we have altered the trigger threshold so this shouldn't occur very often.