cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This question is going to sound ridiculous, but anyway here it is. Can i use pd5 and pd6 ports on stm8s003k3 32 pin part as adc inputs?

Nishu K
Associate II
Posted on March 20, 2018 at 21:41

Both pd5 and pd6 on 003k3 have same structure as on 003f3. So i feel its quite possible they can be used as adc's on 003k3. I didnt see any reference to that in datasheet neither on reference manual explicitly mentioning that.

4 REPLIES 4
Brian Kling
Senior III
Posted on March 21, 2018 at 07:21

chandel.abhishek

‌ don't worry about your question; most likely someone else will have the same question, so I thank you for posting it!

Nishu K
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2018 at 08:46

Tested said ports for ADC functionality and they worked fine as I was expecting.

Posted on March 21, 2018 at 13:57

I makes sense. the die is likely the same. ST just wanted to introduce some differentiation when there is none. I think we have seen a few data points like that.

Posted on March 26, 2018 at 09:44

I did tried to search for it in manual/datasheet as well as on web but could'nt find anything (maybe I didnt look good enough) so I thought to go ahead with actual testing and ports worked just fine with Analog inputs. so yeah PD3, PD5 and PD6 are indeed connected to adc module. though I cant comment on possible interference with existing port/pin features.