Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F401RE VL53L1X debug issue

albagir themut
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2018 at 15:51

Hello,

i'm quite new to the embedded world and purchased the VL53L1X evaluation kit with the F401RE and the

http://www.st.com/en/ecosystems/x-nucleo-53l1a1.html

. I installed all the drivers and the System Workbench on my Windows 10 setup and got the example application running. Now to my problem:

After trying out different stuff my applications were always stuck in HAL_Delay(). On the first debug everything always worked, but when I restarted the applications to debug again it always went infinite in HAL_Delay(). The only thing that helped was to startup 

Vl53L1X GUI to reset the microcontroller paired with an hard reset by pushing the button on the microcontroller. But it just takes too much time to do that, so I tried reinstalling everything (STSW-009, STSW-Link007). But that didn't help. Stepping through the applications always seems to work, but as soon as I resume the application it gets stuck again.

I hope you guys can help me with my problem.

BR

albagir

#vl53l1x #f401re
1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 23, 2018 at 15:57

HAL_Delay is dependent on the SysTick interrupt. This would need higher priority than other interrupts if those call HAL_Delay or are otherwise dependent on the HAL_Tick, or timeouts.

I would tend to instrument the code and output telemetry via the USART than attempt to single-step debug things which function in real-time.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..