cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link TRACESWO.

Tomek guzek
Associate
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 13:36

Hi, I am trying to download SWO stream from ST32f746 discovery board. I was able to see all of the ouptut in 'Printf via SWO Viewer' .

I want to have binary values to be dumped. Is it possible to download this by ST-LINK_CLI.exe  or other way?

I could not find any way to solve this problem in 'ST-LINK Utility UM.pdf' or command line help.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 15:25

It is just a stream of bytes, not sure if available software creates a means to export to a file, etc.

ITM_SendChar() doesn't care if it is ASCII data, or bytes from a variable or structure. The ITM interface is quite wide, you could arguable send data in different ways, but you'd have to own a lot more of the interface, drivers, etc.

Consider using the USART-VCP attached to the ST-LINK, at high baud rates, and export to your favorite terminal or logging application.

ST had a memory viewer tool. Keil can SAVE data from memory to a file, perhaps use the SDRAM as a logging buffer, then save data to file.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Tomek guzek
Associate
Posted on March 22, 2018 at 19:51

'Consider using the USART-VCP attached to the ST-LINK, at high baud rates, and export to your favorite terminal or logging application.' 

There is SB16 which is connection between MCU TRACESWO pin and ST-LINK in UM1907 manual. I can unsolder it and use USART-VCP to download data to my fav terminal, but I cannot understand how attaching USART-VCP to ST-Link (STLINK_TX-PA2 and STLINK_TR-PA3 pins  - Figure 22. ST-LINK/V2-1 with support of SWD only ) can work. Could you explain? 

Thanks