cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined symbol HAL_ADC_... i added everything and the code show no mistakes yet this happen, any ideas ?

jendoubi saif ddine
Associate III
Posted on April 08, 2018 at 19:09

0690X0000060AM3QAM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on April 08, 2018 at 20:08

Ok, so still points to HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED not being defined. Select that text and 'Find-in-Files' within the project.

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Drivers\STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f7xx_hal_adc.c

&sharpifdef HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED

&sharpendif

Should be in stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h

/* Define to prevent recursive inclusion -------------------------------------*/

&sharpifndef __STM32F7xx_HAL_CONF_H

&sharpdefine __STM32F7xx_HAL_CONF_H

&sharpifdef __cplusplus

extern 'C' {

&sharpendif

/* Exported types ------------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Exported constants --------------------------------------------------------*/

/* ♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯ Module Selection ♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯ */

/**

* @brief This is the list of modules to be used in the HAL driver

*/

&sharpdefine HAL_MODULE_ENABLED

&sharpdefine HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED

/* &sharpdefine HAL_CAN_MODULE_ENABLED */

/* &sharpdefine HAL_CAN_LEGACY_MODULE_ENABLED */

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on April 08, 2018 at 19:14

Check defines in stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h pulling in #includes, and that the stm32f7xx_hal_adc.c file is in the project tree.

This is a linker error not a compilation error, so indicates the code behind the functions is missing.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 08, 2018 at 19:27

Thanks for the answer, 

But i did add all the needed files in the project tree this problem keeps happening 

Posted on April 08, 2018 at 19:31

I have zero visibility into your problem, the linker says they are not there.

If the file is not missing, then you'll need to look to see if there is some ♯ ifdef around them preventing the body code from being compiled.

Enable 'Browse Information', and right click 'Go To Definition Of ...' at the places where you call the functions.

Posted on April 08, 2018 at 19:51

0690X0000060AQ4QAM.png

0690X0000060ATWQA2.png

0690X0000060AQFQA2.png

0690X0000060ATXQA2.png

i hope this makes it clear for you, i've been trying for hours , it's the LwIP project from the STM32cubemx applications

Posted on April 08, 2018 at 20:08

Ok, so still points to HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED not being defined. Select that text and 'Find-in-Files' within the project.

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.11.0\Drivers\STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f7xx_hal_adc.c

&sharpifdef HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED

&sharpendif

Should be in stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h

/* Define to prevent recursive inclusion -------------------------------------*/

&sharpifndef __STM32F7xx_HAL_CONF_H

&sharpdefine __STM32F7xx_HAL_CONF_H

&sharpifdef __cplusplus

extern 'C' {

&sharpendif

/* Exported types ------------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Exported constants --------------------------------------------------------*/

/* ♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯ Module Selection ♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯♯ */

/**

* @brief This is the list of modules to be used in the HAL driver

*/

&sharpdefine HAL_MODULE_ENABLED

&sharpdefine HAL_ADC_MODULE_ENABLED

/* &sharpdefine HAL_CAN_MODULE_ENABLED */

/* &sharpdefine HAL_CAN_LEGACY_MODULE_ENABLED */

Posted on April 08, 2018 at 20:44

Thank you ! problem solved

🙂