cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st-link utility external loader. Creating your external bootloader under sw4stm32.

vova bondar
Associate
Posted on April 10, 2018 at 23:09

Hi all! Developers st-link utility external loader describe the order of creating your external bootloader under sw4stm32.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 10, 2018 at 23:42

You'll need to review and understand the available examples

ST-LINK Utility v4.2.0\ST-LINK Utility\ExternalLoader\N25Q512A_STM32F769I-EVAL\SW4STM32

This is a fairly difficult and complex area, the Cube Programmer app works better than the ST-LINK Utilities, but you'd want to fully test your code in a stand-alone context first.

I'm using Keil, the sub-set of developers using SW4STM32 is likely to be quite limited.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
vova bondar
Associate
Posted on April 11, 2018 at 00:22

my attempts to test this code ended with a 'missing main' error. In the forum found a similar topic that remained unanswered.

Posted on April 11, 2018 at 00:41

The code doesn't use main(), and doesn't use a vector table, you'd need to direct the linker to use Init() as the entry point.

Please link to other threads/topics where you think they are appropriate, things tend to remain unanswered when there is a lack of experts or interest. There might be enough detail in the threads to solve the problem.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..