Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 & CubeMX - arm_math.h

Felipe Navarro
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2018 at 18:39

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use my Nucleo-144 with the STM32H7 processor on CubeMX and Atollic TrueStudio and I'm getting the problem of arm_math.h and other DSP files not beeing copied to the project folder.

I tried with some boards with STM32F4 and STM32F1 that I got here and they work OK just after generating the project files with CubeMX, but the H7, doesn't.

I checked the Build Configs and both FPU and hardware implementation are enabled, tried to manually link to the folder,  tried a new install of the CubeMX and Atollic in other computer and in none of my tries I succeeded.

Is this a know bug? How can I make this work?

#arm_math #stm32h7 #bug
3 REPLIES 3
Felipe Navarro
Associate II
Posted on April 12, 2018 at 03:00

After some days of debugging, I got a solution for this:

- Install Pack

- Generate a new project for the target platform

- Signal to Atollic TrueStudio that you're going to use CMSIS DSP on the PACK Manager

- Go to Project Proprerties

- Copy the exact link that Atollic uses for the DSP library and the paths (it's a link with CMSIS PACK)

- Add __FPU_PRESENT and your ARM_MATH_CM7 to SYMBOS (NOT IN THE HEADER! SYMBOLS! Or it's not going to work) __FPU_PRESENT is set to 1 and ARM_MATH_CM7 you doesn't need to place any value.

- Copy the *.rteconfig

- Include the 'arm_math.h' and you're good to go.

I hope ST fixes it and in the next version of STM32CubeMX we get a 'complete' project as we get with IAR.

Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 06, 2018 at 15:30

Hi Felipe,

This reported internally for further check. Could you please precise which STM32CubeMX version you're using.

Khouloud.

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi Felipe,

Could you please add some information

1- atollic version

2- STM32CubeMX version

3- attach the ioc if possible