Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F107 IN TCP CLIENT MODE

aatif shaikh
Associate III
Posted on May 28, 2018 at 05:54

hello!

According to my experience, STM-controller is one of the best controllers I have ever worked with. currently, I'm working on a project based on STM32F103ZET6 controller and everything works really fine and well. in this project, as 

STM32F103ZET6 doesn't have any direct ETHERNET PHY facility(connectivity via MII or RMII) 

I'm using an external converter module(UART TO ETHERNET) as the TCP-CLIENT to connect my 

STM32F103ZET6

with my server application. 

Now I want to reduce my project physical size and code complexity, thus I'm planning to move on STM32F107VCT6 which support both RMII and MII connection and does Have an internal MAC support. As I'm really new in terms of configuring ETHERNET in 

STM32F107VCT6 as TCP client mode. I just want to implement a basic TCP SERVER CLIENT communication where my device will work as a TCP CLIENT endpoint

, so it will be really appreciated if anyone guides me how to do so and also if possible any example projects(KEIL or IAR)/source code with the libraries available for reference would be a great help. 

ELMHIRI.Syrine

‌

Turvey.Clive.001

‌

st.mcu

‌

DAHMEN.IMEN

‌

#stm32f107-with-mii #stm32f107-with-rmii #stm32f107-ethernet-configuration #stm32f107
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 28, 2018 at 14:10

Hello

a.shaikh

I recommend youto start from the

LwIP

examples under STM32CubeF1package, as:

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.6.1\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client

This application is used to test a basic TCP connection andyou may re-use sections available in the example or get inspired from this to develope your application.

You can refer to the document

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/65/e8/20/db/16/36/45/f7/DM001036pdf/files/DM001036pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001036pdf

: “Developing applications on STM32Cube with LwIP TCP/IP stack�?

Hope this bring you some help.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on May 28, 2018 at 14:10

Hello

a.shaikh

I recommend youto start from the

LwIP

examples under STM32CubeF1package, as:

STM32Cube_FW_F1_V1.6.1\Projects\STM3210C_EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_TCP_Echo_Client

This application is used to test a basic TCP connection andyou may re-use sections available in the example or get inspired from this to develope your application.

You can refer to the document

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/65/e8/20/db/16/36/45/f7/DM001036pdf/files/DM001036pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001036pdf

: “Developing applications on STM32Cube with LwIP TCP/IP stack�?

Hope this bring you some help.

With Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen