Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

''VL53L1X GUI'' bug??

Jesus Reina
Associate II
Posted on April 26, 2018 at 15:26

Hi friends,

I have detected a strange problem.

The first calibration I apply to VL53L1X sensor is not functional (the measure goes bad). After this, when I apply a new calibration, the measure is right.

Has anyone had this problem?

Best regards,

4 REPLIES 4
John E KVAM
ST Employee
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 00:35

I don't see that. I do the ref spad calibration, then the offset (at 380mm) then the crosstalk (at 380). Seems to work.

Did you download the GUI recently? I know ST updated the GUI a bit ago. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

- john

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.
Jesus Reina
Associate II
Posted on May 02, 2018 at 11:59

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have installed the latest available version from the ST web site:

0690X00000604gKQAQ.jpg

Everytime I try to begin a calibration it shows me the next message:

0690X00000604gAQAQ.jpg

I have installed this software in 2 computers (W7 and W10), the error happens in both systems. So I couldn?t try this version.

John E KVAM
ST Employee
Posted on May 08, 2018 at 01:48

Can you just skip the Cal Ref Spads and just continue. Your issue is not fatal. The GUI is just being over protective. A failure of this kind means the calibration was outside of the expected window. Turns out the window was just too restrictive.

But if you cannot continue, your only recourse is to use one of the satellite boards included with your expansion board. Very few sensors fall outside the expected limits.

And ST really should fix the 'error' to be non-fatal.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 12:45

Hi John,

I´ll try to select a satellite board, thanks for your reply.

Best regards.