cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mc workbench 'MCSDK 5.0.3(2)' doesn't see STM32CUBEMX (the latest version) !!

gokay aygok
Associate III
Posted on April 20, 2018 at 18:33

Hello dear ST community members,

I am so sorry to ask this question for a couple of times. But, I don't have any other choice.

I have installedthe motor control workbench and STM32CUBEMX. However, I can not generate the code for motor control. The error is, NO STM32CUBEMX version above 4.0 has been found. Is there any version of cubemx which is newer than 4.0 ?

When I remove the STM32CUBEMX, I am getting the same error, too. Therefore, I came to the point that the motor control workbench MCSDK 5.0.3 and 5.0.2 do not see the latest version of cube mx, which is 4.0.

The screenshot of the error can be found in attached file.

Any help, idea, suggestion and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot dear ST community members....

***I have gone through the installing steps for my all computer with windows 7 and 10 (32 and 64 bits). All results are the same.***

#cubemx #motor-control #mcsdk #pmsm #foc #sdk #need #focsdk #mc

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
13 REPLIES 13
M. Palano
Associate III
Posted on April 23, 2018 at 16:19

Hello dear user of x-cube-mcsdk

after you click/select on the [Generation] button of MCWorkbench, within the same folder where you saved the project (`<project name>.stmcx`), there should be a folder with the same exact name of the saved project. Within that folder there should be a .log file `<project name>.log`.

Can you share that log file with us?

It will help us to better understand this issue.

Best Regards.

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 19:16

Hello dear

PALANO.Carmelo_Marce

I am so happy to see your reply.

There is no such a file unfortunately.

What I have can be seen in the screenshots I will just share.

0690X0000060AwyQAE.png

0690X0000060AqRQAU.png

Posted on May 02, 2018 at 19:18

I just want to say again and again that I have downloaded, installed and uninstalled each program a lot of times.

I hope I can solve this trouble as soon as possible.

Thanks for everything in advance...

Posted on May 03, 2018 at 08:58

Hello,

May you have a look at your home folder and search for '~/.st_motor_control/wb2mx.log' ?

Additionally,

can you open the 'regedit.exe' and navigate the tree (left side panel of the program window) looking for:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\STM32CubeMX' ?

In case of positive results, may you click on the found item and share a screenshot of its content (the right side panel of the window)?

Sorry for asking you so many things to do but, your situation is really really strange and your contribution can help us to better understand the matter.

Thank you.

Posted on May 03, 2018 at 09:26

Hello

I searched many variation of ''/.st_motor_control/wb2mx.log'' such as wb2mx.log, wb2mx, st_motor_control/wb2mx.log and etc. However, nothing can be found except the 4 files in the Picture. I searched on my computer folder and STMicroelectronics folder. Thanks many times.....

0690X0000060Ay0QAE.png
Posted on May 03, 2018 at 09:53

...and what about the request on regedit.exe?  

Posted on May 03, 2018 at 10:09

I am so sorry for my late reply Sir.

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\STM32CubeMX' ? here in regedit, I came and opened till Uninstall. And STM32CubeMX does not exist.

Posted on May 03, 2018 at 10:58

I have also tried on my second computer. No STM32CubeMX under Uninstall in regedit can be found. However, I have some other programs installed on my computer which can be found there.

Posted on May 03, 2018 at 11:40

This is because the MC-SDK cannot find CubeMx. Did you installed CubeMx using its installer or you used a different approach?

Anyway, If you agree, I can provide a small `.reg` file where you will update the path of CubeMx (you should know where it was installed) so to create the Registry entry that

MC-SDK is looking for.

Attachments :

STM32CubeMx - registry.reg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HxcA&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b0U%2FzWXLF9H0gradzV8tMYFGBajoB6GBAiWbriqkw9KzNQk&asPdf=false