Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB for L152RE: UART1

edwin marcellin
Associate II

Posted on July 12, 2018 at 16:59

Hello,

I have a pb with UART1 for L152RE board. I connected a sensor to my board in UART2 through a Max232 and i succeed to have information to my hyperterminal (TerraTerm). But i was not able to have information in the variable (or buffer) in my code. I was told that UART2 can not do that, so i was adviced to use UART1.

So i did it with UART1 but i'm not able to get data neither through hyperterminal nor in the variable in my code.

To parametrize the code, i use CubeMX and i changed the main.c. Do i have to change something else?

Find attached my code.

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Posted on July 12, 2018 at 18:38

PA2/PA3 USART2 on the NUCLEO-64 should be connected to the VCP, and you should be able to open the COM port in a PC based terminal application.

PA9/PA10 USART1 should be available to connect an RS232 based sensor, via a MAX3232 type level translator.

May be you should echo the data received on USART1 out to USART2

Use volatile variables appropriately.

I'd probably start with a simple polling and forwarding loop to copy characters from USART1 RX side to USART2 TX, and display on a PC terminal. Use the same baud rates and have code to clear overrun, noise or framing errors from the USARTs.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..